The MP 1A has been discontinued
MP1A, high end tube mic pre and DI. Extremely smooth sounding. Absolute world class DI. For any kind of recording the MP1A brings the best out of your microphone or instrument. The DI input is in a class of it”s own.
All instruments recorded with this DI will show their best in warmth and presence.
Used by many top musicions around the world. The MP1A always delivers a very musical, transparent and full sound. A TUBE-TECH classic!
NOTE! From Summer 2013 the MP1A has been replaced with the MP2A, for even better performance.
The TUBE-TECH MP 1A is a combined dual Microphone Preamplifier and Direct Instrument amplifier for microphones or instruments. The microphone inputs and outputs are balanced as well as fully floating. The inputs provide a switchable +48 V phantom power as well as a switchable -20 dB pad. Gain is adjustable in 5 dB increments from +20 dB to +70 dB.
The Direct Instrument Inputs are unbalanced with a gain ranging from + 10 dB to + 60 dB. The amplifiers are all tube based and the heaters are on a strict diet of DC-voltage only to avoid hum. All transformers, with the exception of the mains transformer, are enclosed in MU-metal cans. Input and output transformers come with a static screen between the primary and secondary wirings.
- Tube based push-pull output amplifier
- Gain from +20 dB to +70 dB in 5 dB increments
- Pad in front of input transformer (-20 dB)
- Built-in +48 V phantom power
- Microphone input impedance = 1,2 kohm
- CMRR >60 dB @ 10kHz
- Direct Instrument Jack-socket input for various instruments
- DI input impedance > 1 Mohm
- Frequency Response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Typical noise figure: 5 dB @ 200 ohm