The MEC1A is an all-tube mono recording channel, combining the classic TUBE-TECH designs:
MP1A mic preamp, EQ 1A active EQ and CL2A compressor in one powerful, 2U recording package.
The MEC1A delivers true TUBE-TECH sound: Full and warm, yet open and transparent.
MEC1A is a compact and cost-effective solution if you need a superior front end that will deliver top quality recordings, no matter what source you are working with.
Tube-based “three-in-one” recording solution:
- Freq. response @-3 dB: 5 Hz – 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -85 dBU @ 10 dB gain
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- Output gain: Off to +10 dB
- Clickless swap relay (EQ <-> comp)
- Separate in/out switch per section
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gold plated switches
- Fully regulated power supply with torodial transformer
- All-tube design (except PSU & sidechain circuit)
- In- and output are transformer balanced and fully floating
Technical Description and Specifications
The TUBE-TECH MEC 1A Recording Channel is a one channel recording unit, featuring a microphone preamplifier equalizer and compressor. At the heart of the shelving and bell filters you will find a tube operational amplifier.
The MEC 1A is all tube based except for the power supply. Input and Output have fully floating transformers. All DC voltages are stabilized, except the anode voltage for the output stage.
- Gain: +20 to +70 dB (DI:10-60 dB)
- Input impedance: > 1.2 kΩ
- +48V phantom power, phase reverse, -20 dB pad, low cut
- DI input impedance > 1 MΩ
- Active, tube based equalizer
- Three bands
- 6 low shelving frequencies
- 6 high shelving frequencies
- Bell-type Mid with 12 selectable frequencies & variable Q
- Low distortion optical gain reduction element
- Ratio: 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Variable attack and release
- VU meter shows output or compression
- Linkable for stereo applications